Saturday, September 26, 2009

TREK & SLIP-N-SLIDE

This summer has been a whirl wind ride. I am the Young Women's president for the Brighton First Ward. We had Trek in July and we spent weeks of preparation to get the girls ready for this experience. I meet with them before they left that hot morning. They had so many clothes on, but they had smiles on their face and they were ready to go.




Aren't they sooo cute! They had a wonderful experience and it was a blessing to hear their testimony had been strengthened. I was sad I couldn't be with them, but it was fun to hear their stories and see the Trek Fireside slide show. They all got a copy of it to keep and to remember. So grateful I was able to share that with them this year.

So we had our boundaries changed at the beginning of this year. We have spend a lot of time trying to mesh two different wards to make one GREAT organization. Some of the youth, every year in their ward, had a huge slip and slide they did in a members yard. We decided it would be a great ending activity before school started. Okay, so did I say it was huge? IT WAS HUGE! The day was warm and we had a great turnout. I had to take photos because it was so fun to watch their happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment