Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thank You!

Recently I decided to try to find and write to my old Young Women Leaders.  I don’t know if it is being a young women president and finally realizing how much goes into everything or finding out one of my leaders is fighting Breast Cancer.  Maybe it is a little of both.  They were such a HUGE part of my life.  From Girls Camp to Wednesday activities, Personal Progress, Dairy Queen runs, Road shows and Lake Blaine get togethers. . . my leaders were the best!  They helped mold and shape me and I know I listened to them more than my own mother at times.  I loved Wednesday nights.                                                                                  

So now, here I am partly in charge of 8 beautiful young women’s lives.  It has been a enormous undertaking.  All those times my leaders tried to help me stretch, overcome, think out of the box and be the very best I could be are now coming into play.  I now long to see these cute girls make the correct choices, strengthen their testimonies or maybe just find them.  I want them to see how much potential they have.  I get so sad when they don’t come to church or to activities.  I find myself asking the question, “did my Young Women leaders feel this same way?”  I would have to answer yes, only because they were so involved in all of our lives and they showed us every time they saw us and I know they prayed for us every day.

I understand now and I would love to give a shout out to all of them.  Thanks to Facebook I have been able to find many of them and give them a thank you.  Whenever I get back to Montana I always look out for those who are still there and give them a hug,  now it will be followed with a heart felt THANK YOU!  I am emotional thinking of what lays ahead for me, and I want so much to be the best leader for these girls,  like mine were for me. So thank you, thanks you, thank you!  I love you all and I wish only the best for you all.  And Nora, you’re the strongest of us all so keep fighting and my prayers are with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment